Sunday, August 12, 2007

time

I'm not usually into cataloguing what I've been doing, but sometimes I am.

The other night, I slept in a queen sized bed with 3 other guys. Well, sort of. There wasn't much space, and I felt like I was dehydrating because of how hot I was. So eventually, I crawled out to the floor. The problem there was that it was dark and cold and I couldn't find a blanket, so I ended up covering myself with my sweaters. This was not a very effective way of keeping warm. At some point in the night, I saw a blanket nearby and grabbed it, and then I was warm. The weirdest thing about that whole night for me, though, was that I felt absent from time. I have no idea how much time I actually slept and how much I was awake, I never saw a clock or watch during the night when I was awake to measure the time with. But it was more than that, like time didn't exist or something. That was also the feeling of my weekend, going out to a friend's house and feeling away from time and the world there. Similar to a couple weeks ago when I went over to a different friend's house.

There's still five weeks left of summer for me, but I already feel like summer is coming to a close. Maybe because I only have two weeks left in my internship, I don't know. Maybe I've just been thinking more about the future and what will happen once school starts, and feeling bleek and scared about that. Things change.

1 comment:

The Ghost said...

Why do you think that people gave the book The Da Vinci Code so much crap?