Monday, August 6, 2007

hydration

I keep accidentally dehydrating myself. Yesterday, I didn't drink anything until 4:00 in the afternoon. Maybe because of this, I go somedays without peeing or even walking into a bathroom until early evening. It's always a shock for me to walk into a bathroom at that time and realize I haven't been in one all day.

I didn't have a problem with hydration in Thailand. It was easier there, somehow, with the water coolers. Maybe I still have an aversion to drinking from the tap, or to drinking warm water. (Side note: water from bathroom taps taste better than from kitchen taps, and it's colder, too). I don't know that it was really the heat there that reminded me to drink, because it's been hot here lately, and I haven't been drinking much.

I like humid heat better than dry heat. But when I lived where it was humid, I didn't notice the humidity. One theory I have is that it's nicer because the wind is nicer. With dry heat, it can still be cold because of wind. But with humidity, the wind is actually refreshing instead of freezing. I don't know if that works in reality, but it does in my head.

There are 20 days until I finish my internship. It's close but far away at the same time. I'm curious about how it will end. Endings are important to me. Endings in my life are often redemptive, too: things suck until the very end, and then I feel overwhelmed by the goodness of the ending. Not always, sometimes things end poorly. Struggle struggle.

1 comment:

beer said...

i dont know if i'd be able to take the time to read them. i don't usually like the thought of reading, but often when i finally do read a book and its interesting i get really sucked into it.

i had a book about runelords sitting in my room for a while but it took me months to pick it up. and when i did i loved it. i don't want to say 'cool, bring them. thanks' for fear i might not even read them in time.