Saturday, November 24, 2007

part 2

If love isn't loving the image of yourself in others, then the other side of it is that you don't reflect to others their own image, or what you think they will love about you. That occurred to me in the shower earlier.

Anyway, I feel like most of my interactions with people are very uncomfortable and I come away from them feeling like a failure. This is especially true when I'm in groups of people, not so much if I'm alone with someone. It feels crippling, but I don't really know what it is. Time to change, mostly because 90% of the time I'm around people, I'm in a group of them.

Here's what I think: it's hard to be around different groups of people all the time. Groups of people are manageable if they're consistent and if I know them. Groups of people are hard to manage when they are inconsistent and if I don't know them. That is what I think it is.

No comments: