Sunday, November 25, 2007

move-e's

Movies I have watched this weekend: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Magnolia, Children of Men, No Country for Old Men. This is probably more movies than I watched all last school year. I was surprised that I liked No Country, I expected there to be a lot of violence, and there was, but there was something good about the movie too. It wasn't an action movies. Action movies don't mean anything, but this movie meant something. And, as non-sensical as it sounds, it wasn't particularly cruel violence in the movie. Violence that really disturbs me is torture and torment and people terrorizing other people, prolonged pain and cruelty. Something else that stuck out to me about the movie was that it was almost completely devoid of sexuality, an unsual absence in movies. That doesn't make it better, or worse, it is what it is.

And I saw a movie about food. I don't know what the name of it was, but it was really interesting. Here are the equations that the movie came down to: corporate farming = evil, family farming = good. Hah.

I was lying (in doors) in my friend's hammock today, and drinking coffee, and listening to Christmas music, and I noticed how much imagery is in Christmas music. This is maybe what is unique and good about a lot of Christmas music. At that same time, I learned that I like cream in my coffee. That's good to know, too.

I feel like I've been a jerk lately, and I don't like that, and I want that to change.

2 comments:

beer said...

i don't like christmas music.

Tim said...

you were nice to me. and we shared the best baugette EVER.