Saturday, December 1, 2007

music

This is my 100th post on here. Yep.

When people ask me what kind of music I listen to, I feel a little ridiculous. I don't listen to music much, because I don't have a stereo and I don't like listening to music on headphones with my computer all the time. Or, when I'm on my computer I can't listen to music because I'm trying to concentrate on writing.

I don't keep up with music. I almost never buy it or acquire new music, so I'm basically stuck in the early 2000s. And, I don't listen to enough music to say I properly listen to any genre.

That's why I feel ridiculous.

But I have seen a lot of live music this quarter. And I'm listening to some right now.

2 comments:

beer said...

i'm pretty much out of the music scene, too. it's too distracting, and i'm not usually doing something that i wouldn't need to concentrate on.

luke said...

this is pretty much the complete opposite of me. i will listen to music while doing something, knowing that the listening slows me down, but not letting that stop me from listening. i enjoy it too much. although i'm not up to date with whats cool (ie. top 40) but i have my own version of cool which i enjoy immensely.

do you enjoy sufjan stevens? you should make time for sufjan.