Wednesday, December 5, 2007

new

Tonight, while praying with a friend of mine, I felt very strongly that God is making things right. God is ahead of me working to make things good in the broken relationships and in the hard places and in the suffering. It wasn't just about me, or even primarily about me, though, it had more to do with something at the core of who God is (I think) and that I'm a part of that, and seeing that clearly. New creation.

My prayers this quarter have changed. They've changed from requesting God's involvement in something to realizing that God already is involved, and moving from that fact.

Other thought of the day: beginning a relationship of any sort with another human being means that they become a part of you and you become a part of them. When does that begin? Names. I think the exchange of names shows a willingness to become a part of someone else's life and to enter into their life, to give them a name rather than leaving them as something without identity. That is why meeting people can be exhausting.

No comments: