Wednesday, September 5, 2007

snow

I'm reading a book called Snow, and it feels like my life. Not the actual events. It's more the style of the whole thing, the feel. I feel like my life is a string of bizarre, confusing, and beautiful events, and that's how Snow feels to me too. There's something mysterious about life right now, and maybe in Snow also. Sorry for using 'beautiful', it's really not a very descriptive word, it feels weakened, but I don't know what else to use. Right now, I feel very overwhelmed by the confusion and beauty of life. (Confusion + beauty = mystery?). All these things happen that I don't understand.

Summer feels like it's over to me. This is probably because the tribe that I've been hanging out with is no longer together. Well, it is, but its different. Different enough to not be the same thing. People are returning, and that changes things.

These things make me feel nervous. I feel nervous about other things, too, like where I will get money for school this year. But when I look back on my life, or even just last school year, everything worked out fine. God knows what's going down. If he wants me to stay at SPU, he'll keep me there. Sometimes I get nervous about this too, though, because I wonder if I should be doing more. This is, maybe, a valid concern, but I don't worry about it much.

Anyway, I think I am going to finish Snow now.

1 comment:

Tim said...

i'm pretty excited to talk to you soon.