Thursday, September 13, 2007

lonely + Jesus

I feel like I will be very alone this year, which doesn't really make sense. I have more and closer friends than I did last year, I'll be closer to the other guys on my floor (I already am), I like the other members of my staff. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's that feeling of division, divided between people. Or else it could just be from coming off the summer, when I saw the same small group of people a lot. Who knows.

I also feel like I'll see a lot of Jesus this year. He has a way of popping up, especially when things are busy and confusing, which this year will probably be. I see and hear God in the busy and intense times, and not so much in the chill out times (like the last couple weeks when I've just been kicking around). I haven't really seen much of God the last week or two, but I'm sure he's sneaking around anyway. As Rumi writes, "No metaphor can hold this truth / that knows how to keep secret / and when to show itself." Maybe God's giving me a break from himself. But if so, I'm not enjoying it.

Anyway, I ran out of soap sometime last week, so I think I'm going to go buy some. And the fire alarm just went off.

4 comments:

beer said...

i don't think you're going to like coming back to chiang rai, except seeing your parents again

The Ghost said...

Yea it is a really good book. I am quite enjoying reading it. I dont think it is your copy because it is a copy that the school has. Although it might be. who knows?

beer said...

i don't know for sure. i just get the feeling. maybe since you've been in america you've grown up more and won't appreciate the fools back here much

Tim said...

oh alex, if that's even your name. your fan club's founding member gets more and more fan-like all the time.