Wednesday, July 18, 2007

mwY

On my way to work today, I was listening to mewithoutYou. Then I drove up behind a van, and the letters on the license plate were MWY. And I felt very happy.



When you get down to it, I don't believe in coincidence. I'm like my mother that way. Except I might believe in it on a theoretic level, just the way I think and live shows that I don't actually believe it on a real level. The difficulty for me is that while I don't believe in coincidence, I usually don't know the meaning and purpose of things, so even if events aren't coincidental, and aren't meaningless, they might as well be. That's not true, I just get consumed sometimes with how little I know, and how little I can find the meaning of thing in life. Ambiguity and absurdity (as in meaninglessness) are pretty close to my heart. In that way, I think, I am not like my mother.


I wonder how long these topics will interest me, though. It's strange to look back at my life, and the things that I was interested in, and how I thought I would be interested in them for my whole life, the music that I thought I would listen to my whole life (and I probably will keep returning to old favorites every once in a while), books I thought I would read for my whole life. Friends I thought I would still be friends with.

1 comment:

beer said...

vi veri vniversum vivus vici