Wednesday, July 11, 2007

comfort

So today sucked. It was stressful right when I got up, and more or less stayed that way through the whole day. Draining. But then, thinking about my day, it's not the type of bad day that I'll probably remember. For the most part, it's just been stressful and exhausting, and in a week or a few days, it won't even matter anymore, and I probably won't remember it very clearly, just like I had lots of stressful days last summer, but most of them don't matter. Bad days are more memorable when they're relationally stressful or bad.

Summer has been hard, but it's easier when I remember that (I think) this is where God wants me. Although sometimes the idea that this is where God wants me is really hard to deal with as well, it makes things hard in a different way although I don't think it needs to.

Moving on.

Sometimes I wish that I could see people at a different age. Like see how my friends or my parents or other adults were when they were little kids. Or see how little kids are when they grow up. That's probably easier than knowing how people were when they were little. (Hi)story!

2 comments:

beer said...

i've often thought of the harry

the mind is a strange thing. i was writing that and an ad came on in the background of harry potter and i wrote harry. not a rare thing, either. what i was going to say.

i've often thought of that, seeing people at different ages. how much would they change? if me now saw you when you were 90 or so, what would that be like?

Tim said...

I was ugly as a child. Really ugly. Well, at least until I was a little older.