Monday, July 9, 2007

compline history alone

At compline last night, I felt like I should be in water. Like listening to the singing, the ground was too solid. Maybe one day st mark's will install a pool.

I'm fascinated by history. How things got to be the way they are, where everything came from, what has happened. I have a better grip of the world when I understand history, and more sensitivity towards the modern world. This is the same with people, the more I know their stories, where they came from and what they've been through, how they've changed and when and why, the more sensitivity I have towards them. I feel pretty safe making that generalization. I'm fascinated by my own history as well (story), looking back at my life to see change, especially change I was unaware of at the time.

I've been feeling more tired lately, I'm not sure why. Maybe sleep isn't as restful because I'm sleeping on a couch, and I'm not eating as much, and I've been so busy. Funny, I live alone but I've spent a lot less time alone this summer than I did over the school year.

No comments: