Monday, May 28, 2007

kow jai

I still hate the term, but I think that I'm finally coming to understand and want intentional relationship(s). Except a lot of it comes from rejecting its opposite. I don't want accidental and coincidental friendships, where I hang out with people when I happen to come aross them or life (or God) pushes us at each other. That's not enough. At least, it needs to move beyond that, to intention (intention = good word, intentional = crappy word). It's just a difficult step to make.

When I came to the States last year, my sugar tolerance was much lower, and sugary things weren't as appealing to me. It bothers me that I have a higher sweetness tolerance than before, I don't like that. I miss the ice cream from Thailand, too. Although before I left, I remember that even when I would have ice cream there, I would feel a little grossed out and not want to finish it. That's how it is when I have pop now: I never want to finish it. I opened a can the other night at a bonfire, and ended up dumping about half of it out. It's just not very appealing right now.

I don't like mob atmospheres. That's a little how my experience of critical mass was. It was cool, but it also felt like a mob flexing its arms, it felt like an exercise of power. Which could be wrong. Mobs are fascinating though, and I'll go back if I get the chance since it was fun. Sometimes there's a mob feel to worship, as well. Mostly at bigger events...like conferences or camps.

I just took my laundry out of the washing machine to move it to the dryer. When I did, my sheet dragged along the floor, and got dirty. Oh well.

No comments: