Friday, April 27, 2007

sitting

At church gatherings, I like to sit (or stand) in the back. I'm not sure why. I like open space (if there is open space), and I like to be able to see what's going on, and I hate the feeling that others are behind me watching me. I don't generally feel comfortable worshipping God if I'm sitting in a pew or a row of chairs. At least not as comfortable as when I'm in the back in open space.

In class, I like to sit in the back, or somewhere on an edge where I can watch the whole class room. I don't like sitting in the front, where everyone can watch me. (As a side note, I hate raising my hand in class. Not talking in class, just raising my hand. I feel so silly doing it, and I feel like the teachers often ignore me. Hah).

I can't think of any time when I want to sit in the middle of things.

When I'm reading, I need to have my legs stretched out. Preferably, I'm either sitting on the ground or have my feet up on something.

I almost never sit flat-footed. Apparently, this is bad for posture.

The chairs in the SPU classrooms that bend are terrible for my back. In fact, a lot of chair backs just aren't tall enough. Not to mention that by this time I'm not used to sitting up straight, so if a chair back is bad I just slouch.

I like to have armrests, somewhere to put my arms.

2 comments:

beer said...

agreeing with everything you wrote.

i don't agree that standing up and worshiping loudly (or not loudly) is somehow more holy. maybe i'll put something about it in my blog

beer said...

also, where and what did you hear that sitting flat-footed is bad for posture?