Saturday, April 21, 2007

feet

My feet are fatter now, and softer than they were in Thailand. Not that they've really been tough for years, once I started driving the motorbike and had to wear shoes, my feet got wimpier. But they do look fatter now, the knuckles where my toes connect to my feet don't stick out as much now, not like they used to. They look swollen, like my right foot started to look when the circulation went bad after my accident and it was swollen. Except, if it's normal, you can't really say they're swollen. They're just fat now. Even if I prefer my skinny feet to my fat feet, I can still enjoy that my feet are wide, and not cramped shoe-feet, and that the toes aren't scrunched together. I understand a lot of peoples feet are like that, and that's okay (though I can't pretend I like it). They've made their choices, and I've made mine, and you can see the difference in our feet. But for my feet, scrunched is not okay.

Sometimes it bothers me that I can be comfortable in shoes, and in socks, and that I don't take them off at the first chance, that I might go through the whole day wearing shoes, and not take them off until I'm going to bed. Funny how things change.

1 comment:

beer said...

i imagine i'll start wearing shoes everywhere once i move back to australia. i don't take care of my feet at all really, so maybe that'll get them back to looking half-decent.