Thursday, September 17, 2009

biography

I've been thinking about my biographers lately, and wondering what sort of materials they will have at their disposal to write my life. The internet makes archiving things so much easier, but it's also so much easier to erase things totally (at least I think it's easier to click a button than to burn or throw something away). Out of sympathy to my future biographers, I promise to never delete another email, or throw away any note or notebook or photo, never throw away anything that I've owned. Keep all receipts, bills, and bank statements.

This blog isn't about me, it's all about my biographers.

4 comments:

The Broken Sparrow said...

You might keep it but I'll throw it out when you aren't looking.

Zach McCauley said...

I don't have anything intelligent to say... but you've removed any desire to be one of your biographers

Tim said...

And your bloated ego. Just kidding, I've been mapping out your biography since the day I met you. My slant? Your repressed Calvinism.

beer said...

i can't figure out how serious you're being