Wednesday, September 2, 2009

artifacts

Yesterday, I went to the British museum and looked at artifacts. There were many ancient things from all over the world but, to me, the most interesting artifact was the museum itself. Arguably, this is actually what's most important to everyone who goes there, who don't go to see Celtic spoons or Turkish tiles, they go to see the museum itself, and to be able to say that they went there. Viewing every gallery, the entire museum, is more important than any of the individual displays.

But, maybe that's just me.

Of the actual displays, I particularly enjoyed the pieces from persepolis. But, along with most of the other artifacts on display, I couldn't help but see on these objects the traces of imperialism and colonization.

2 comments:

beer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brent said...

artifacts are no longer possible, because production is no longer possible.