Thursday, July 24, 2008

dream

Last night I had a dream that I was in the branches of a tree in the jungle. On the ground there was a large snake (I thought it was a constrictor.) I jumped out of the tree and the snake bit me on the side of both of my heels. I thought this wasn't a problem because constrictors aren't venomous, then I found out that it was a poisonous snake, and not a constrictor at all. So I wandered around a hospital trying to find the pediatrics department, although I'm not sure they would have been able to help me.

That was just a dream.

Over this summer, I've come to realize how much I appreciate taking different ways to get to my destination. I like to change the route that I go on, frequently, even if it's just moving one street over. I haven't been changing up my destinations as much, but that's another part of it. Sometimes I change it up to have a more pleasant--less strenuous--ride, but sometimes I have extremely inefficient, more strenuous rides for the sake of going a different way.

That was not a dream.

I've been noticing lately how much symbolism I see in every day events. I'm not sure how to take this. In one sense, it just seems like superstition, and I don't want to be superstitious. I don't know to what extent I can see everyday life as symbolic, but a lot of times I tend to reject symbolism made out of what may just be coincidences.

1 comment:

Lindsey Beach said...

You should have a dream about bubble gum and a beard. (I have to worry about my glasses at times.)