Wednesday, June 25, 2008

brief observations

I hate liquid soap, at least the handwashing liquid soap next to sinks. Like moisturizer, I feel like it dries me out and makes my skin unhealthy.

-

Sometimes I'm purposeful about not looking at certain information (peoples SSN, credit card pin numbers, passwords) in case I'm hypnotized by someone trying to harm them who could then harvest that information from the recesses of my brain.

-

Most of what I've been reading so far this summer has been about how people cope when what they've built their lives on has been stripped away, whether this is God, or love, or health, or science, or virtue, or the British Raj. Several of the books have made been extremely skeptical of the ability of science, legal documents and statistics to tell truth. Unintended theme to my summer reading, but I don't mind