Saturday, June 7, 2008

summer

I'm nervous for my summer. I'm nervous in two ways about friends.

1. That I have too many friends in Seattle this summer
2. That I will be lonely this summer.

I think the two are related in a lot of ways, that having too many friends will either spread me thin or influence me to disconnect myself from everyone. And I'm nervous about losing touch with my friends' spirits, with what is important to them right now, and what they're going through and thinking about and trying to do with their lives, something essential about them that often just gets missed in everyday interactions.

I want to find the spirit of God this summer in ways that I haven't before, and to know my friends in better, different ways.

2 comments:

andrea said...

Amen to that. All of it.

I want to get to know friends on different levels this summer. It's not just about having fun anymore. And I want to get to know God above all. Maybe we can help each other with these things.

I wont let you loose contact. No one will. We love you too much not to check in with you and call you for quality time.

Summer will bring many good things I hope.

The Broken Sparrow said...

I was going to say Amen too but Andrea stole it. But I think, 'Amen'.