Sunday, March 9, 2008

lately

Lately, I've felt incoherent when I tell stories. That's not precisely it, it's more that I've felt like I'm not good at it, that people lose concentration as I'm talking or else don't pay attention, or else just don't get "the point."

I haven't had enough privacy lately. Funny enough, I've been feeling really lonely. My roommate asked today if I was okay, and said it seemed like something was different or off. He said it must be all the computer games I've been playing lately. I think the two actually are connected, but the reverse of the way he suggested. I need time away, and so I play video games, or watch tv shows or whatever.

Sometimes I hate it when people ask me how I'm doing, today was one of those days. I felt like avoiding people who would ask me that.

One of my friends was talking with me yesterday about how study and learning is a spiritual discipline for us. I'd never put it that way, but I think it's true.

No comments: