Wednesday, February 27, 2008

songs stalk me

Songs and bands have been following me around lately. I'll sing a song or have a song in my head, then a little bit later will hear that same song. This may not seem so strange, initially, but it's more strange than it sounds. Early this quarter, for instance, I was over at my friends' house, and they put on a Third Eye Blind song. This is not a song that I ever hear, one that I don't think many people have listened to for years. But I rode my bike back to my dorm that night, and as I was putting it in the bike storage, I hear the same song playing out of a different room.

Or this weekend, I was walking back to my room from lunch, and started singing "Rain drops keep falling on my head..." Then I got up to my floor and was in a friend's room. Maybe 30 seconds to a minute after being in there, the guy across the hall put that song on (or it came on randomly, not sure). I froze. I asked him if he'd heard me singing it, and he said no.

Then tonight, I was singing an Aerosmith song in the cafeteria. An hour or two later, I'm sitting in my room and I hear that same song blasting from another room. I haven't heard it in months, if not longer.

Anyway, that's a lot of the stories. Most of the other stories involve weird Queen experiences.

2 comments:

Tim said...

I'd stalk you like that, too, if I could.

luke said...

queen are amazing. i almost wish the ghost of freddie mercury would stalk me. his talent is staggering. the vocal harmonies blow my mind every time i listen. did i mention i like queen?
something else thats amazing... not being in hospital, just the night. almost better than queen.