Saturday, February 23, 2008

silence

I woke up today wanting to read the Bible. This was odd, because it's usually not something I think of or want upon waking, and lately I haven't been reading it or really wanting to read it. So I opened it up to where I last left off, and immediately began to feel resentful. I was reading from 2 Samuel 2

After this, David asked the Lord, "Should I move back to Judah?"
And the Lord replied, "Yes."
Then David asked, "Which town should I go to?"
And the Lord replied, "Hebron."

This felt particularly insulting in light of my own situation, where I'm thinking a lot about moving and whether or not I should move out of the dorms, and where I will move if I do, and that I'm not getting anything very conclusive out of God. Nothing like a voice at least.

On that note, I would like to know more about the silence of God. It's something that is very integral to my relationship with him, and something that I'm drawn to as well as fascinated and perplexed by. I want to read more about it and reflect more on it and how it's influenced my life, and how different situations would have been if God had simply answered my questions. The purpose in the mystery of God's silence. Or at least the meaning of it.

No comments: