Thursday, January 24, 2008

why yesterday was significant

Here's why yesterday was significant: I put something up on my wall. This may not appear very important, but it is more important if you know that I lived in the same room for over three years without putting a single thing on the walls (I put one thing on the door). I didn't put anything up last year. So I put up a...piece of art that one of my friends gave me years ago, it's a crescent moon around the sun. Sun Moon. Brother Sister.

Here's why last night was cool: I fell asleep listening to Stars, who I'd never properly listened to, and I'm listening to them now and really enjoy them.

Here's why this morning was the most pleasant waking experiences of my school year: When I woke up, it was bright outside, and my blinds were open so the light could shine into the room. On top of this, I felt very well rested. On top of that, music turned on in me and Calin's room without either of us turning it on and we were both awake and not sure what had happened, and it was good, peaceful music. I didn't want to get out of bed, but some of that was just because it was cold outside of my bed.

2 comments:

Tim said...

It was good to see you, if only for a little bit. I'm going to bed now.

luke said...

which stars album? i love them. really good, and the dual vocals really do it for me too. you should listen to their 'heart' album. it's my favourite. i don't know if this is just because it was the first one i heard, but i like it the best.