Saturday, August 16, 2008

domestics

Right now I am sitting at Fuel Coffee and drinking an iced chai. I realized after I got this that most of the drink was going to be ice, and felt a little cheated, but I guess I can't complain.

I just moved into the house that I'll be living in for the next year, and it's all very exciting. I haven't slept in the same place twice yet (probably because I've only been there three nights). It's also funny to me that I've been there three nights, and we've already had 4 guests sleep over. I'm excited to be within walking distance of 45th and of my friends and everything else in the area. I have felt very mundane lately, like my life is taken up with common problems and common activities, domestic activities, and less with existential concerns. I'm fine with that. I feel like being boring for a while.

Incidentally, I feel pretty committed to making myself good meals, and taking the time to eat properly instead of trying to double task. I have been thinking lately about time, and being busy, and about how I feel good about this next year being busy. Here's why: the busier I get, the more I'm able to figure out what I actually want to spend my time doing and the more I can enjoy that time. Concentrate on studying when I'm studying, playing music when I'm playing music, talking when I'm talking, sitting when I'm sitting. You get the idea.

With my stomach messed up for the moment, it's been strange having to tell people why I can't bike, or lift boxes, or move furniture, or a variety of other activities. It's been weird having so many people, especially people at work, frequently asking for updates on my body. I don't really like this, I think it's one of the reasons that I don't mention my problems more to people, because they tend to bring them up too often. Once every two weeks, or a month, is probably a good amount of time. But anyway, it is important for my bosses to ask me, since it changes what work I can do, I just don't like it, though having to tell people about my problems is probably good in some way.

3 comments:

Dustin Van Orman said...

Hey Pal!

I forgot you had this, so I read up all the way to the last time I read (your dualism post) and I feel terrible for having forgot about it. I am glad to have caught up though, I feel like, as I think I've told you before, that our friendship in a lot of ways is one-way.

I think you being SMC facilitated that sort of a relationship, me coming to you with problems and you helping me with them, it is not a symbiotic relationship as you know, and also not a friendship in the true meaning of the term.

If you read my most recent blog, you would get the idea of what kind of a mood I am in right now. I love you Jesus and you have been an unbelievably huge figure in my life, heck for all I know you could have saved my life that night in the love shack with Pedro the Lion.

I get the feeling that the past months for you have been an off and on dark time in your life, God shows too little of himself, your friends do to little to help you survive and to grow, and you have longed to stretch your unilateral arms and save the world on your own terms.

I love you for that and so much more. I have (behind your back) called you repeatedly one of the greatest people I know, and I wish you to always remember that.

I feel as if fate put you across the hall from me last year, and I hope this year our friendship becomes as beautiful as it should be. Congrats on the house!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Wallingford and 'real life'. Ha ha.

You will like it here, the problems are mostly about color palettes and green issues. Consider getting a dog though, it will help you fit in.

Oh. I have a 'souvenir' for you from the beach. Don't get excited otherwise you will be sad.

Pondipondi said...

Nakata thinks your spine is out of alignment, and you need to straighten it out.

Then you can take a good and healthy dump.