Wednesday, March 11, 2009

music

I'm insecure about my music. Not music that I've written (which doesn't exist, for the most part), but music that I like and listen to. I'm always very nervous about putting it on, no matter where I am. Mostly, my music isn't appropriate for any sort of social situation, except maybe travel. I listen to car music. For instance: Weezer. I couldn't put Weezer on during dinner time when I'm sitting down with housemates. Most of my friends listen to easy listening music that's appropriate in many situations. In other words, most people don't like the music that I like, and I feel nervous about putting it on. So, I usually just listen to music when I'm alone.

In other news, I've been wondering lately how much salvation is a universal process. As in, I am not fully saved until everyone else is also fully saved. Why? Because I don't think it's possible for any human to be fully "saved" while anyone else isn't. In fact, it seems that being fully redeemed, fully saved, fully human, would mean that it was impossible to feel that way. This is especially true if you believe in hell (which I don't). How can anyone be happy in paradise knowing that someone else is suffering eternally in hell? That seems to be the exact opposite of how humans are supposed to love and feel for each other. I also don't think it's a very satisfying solution to say that God will simply hide the knowledge from us...

4 comments:

hummingpea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
luke said...

i've started a weezer cover band. its heaps of fun and we have a proper show on the 28th. woo!
setlist is:
jonas-hash pipe-good life-buddy holly-island-keep fishin-el scorcho-say it aint so. so tough to pick the first 8. definitely not my top 8 songs but i think we got a pretty good selection.
sorry bout that last comment. i forgot to switch out of pens account

Tim said...

You shouldn't be (blah blah). Especially if that music is a late-nineties Eurotrash dance band. Boom boom boom boom!

andrea said...

I've never really heard that point of view before... Hmmm that's something I need to think more about.